ROAD SURFACE DETECTION
Enables the vehicle to “feel” the road by collecting and interpreting road friction data in real-time with unprecedented accuracy and availability
Our Road Surface Detection Software, which is in collaboration with Tactile Mobility, enhances safety, performance and comfort by fusing near real-time road friction data for ADAS and vehicle control.
This software solution can reside in existing vehicles’ ECUs – meaning no hardware sensors for direct measurement of road friction are necessary.
Benefits of This Software Solution Include:
- Provides insights in all road classes – from urban to freeway
- Generates data in almost any driving condition, speed & excitation
- Feeds creation of highly updated maps using crowd sourcing
- Increases vehicle safety & extends virtual line-of-sight
- Applies to all levels of driving from hands-on to fully autonomous driving – enhancing redundancies/safety
& giving the vehicle a sense of “feel” with or without a human driver in the loop
- Combines physical modeling & Machine Learning to generate unique “virtual” sensors
- Not influenced by visual interruptions such as fog, heavy rain, field of view, etc.
Our Road Surface Detection Software was recognized as a 2022 Automotive News PACEpilot Finalist.