Innovating Within & Beyond Automotive Industry Borders
Nexteer is fast-tracking our vision into reality and growing new, profitable business – within and beyond industry borders.
Many paths are converging in our favor…
- Our wealth of core technologies for steering and driveline systems – with just a few sparks of innovation – can be re-imagined for countless motion control needs.
- Viability of autonomous driving requires Nexteer’s safety-critical and ergo-functional innovations.
- Evolutions in personal mobility and connectivity will increase demand for our intuitive motion control innovations across sectors.
- Ever-increasing, global demand for efficient, clean energy.
Defining the Future of Mobility - Together
We can’t talk about our proprietary projects; but, we can tell you that we are relentlessly innovating within Nexteer and through joint development projects with:
- Automotive OEMs
- Industry disruptors
- Collaborative, industry peers
We can also share some of the public activities and organizations we endorse related to the new frontier of the automotive industry.
- Mcity – U of M’s Mobility Transformation Center
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) at Virgina Tech University
- Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds
- AutoTech Council
- CLEPA – European Association of Automotive Suppliers
- China Automotive Technology & Research Center (CATARC)
- Technical University, Braunschweig
- NHSTA, MICHauto, OESA, SAE International, CAR, SAA & others
Nexteer + Continental: A Motion Control Joint Venture
In a joint press conference with Continental at the 2017 NAIAS, we announced our JV that combines our advanced steering and ADAS technologies with Continental’s automated driving and advanced braking technologies. Together, we will:
- Benefit R&D activities at both Nexteer and Continental
- Analyze compatibility of advanced steering & braking technologies
- Accelerate advancements in automated motion control applications
- Achieve ideal vehicle dynamics & safety
- Enhance collaboration & breakthrough ideas