Innovating Within & Beyond Automotive Industry Borders
Nexteer is fast-tracking our vision into reality and growing new, profitable business – within and beyond industry borders.
Many paths are converging in our favor…
- Our wealth of core technologies for steering and driveline systems – with just a few sparks of innovation – can be re-imagined for countless motion control needs.
- Viability of autonomous driving requires Nexteer’s safety-critical and ergo-functional innovations.
- Evolutions in personal mobility and connectivity will increase demand for our intuitive motion control innovations across sectors.
- Ever-increasing, global demand for efficient, clean energy.
Defining the Future of Mobility - Together
We can’t talk about our proprietary projects; but, we can tell you that we are relentlessly innovating within Nexteer and through joint development projects with:
- Automotive OEMs
- Industry disruptors
- Collaborative, industry peers
We can also share some of the public activities and organizations we endorse related to the new frontier of the automotive industry.
- Mcity – U of M’s Mobility Transformation Center
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) at Virgina Tech University
- Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds
- AutoTech Council
- CLEPA – European Association of Automotive Suppliers
- China Automotive Technology & Research Center (CATARC)
- Technical University, Braunschweig
- NHSTA, MICHauto, OESA, SAE International, CAR, SAA & others
Nexteer + Continental: A Motion Control Joint Venture
CNXMotion is a Joint Venture focused on R&D activities including rapid evaluation, design & prototyping. This collaboration integrates steering & braking for advanced motion control solutions and accelerates R&D & application for both parent companies. Together, we will:
- Benefit R&D activities at both Nexteer and Continental
- Analyze compatibility of advanced steering & braking technologies
- Accelerate advancements in automated motion control applications
- Achieve ideal vehicle dynamics & safety
- Enhance collaboration & breakthrough ideas