Innovation Doesn’t Just Happen. It’s Cultivated.
For breakthrough ideas to become more than just ideas, you need cross-functional collaboration, systems integration know-how and the global technical and manufacturing capabilities to make it a reality.
That’s how we earned our reputation as a leader in advanced steering and driveline systems, including ADAS – using the same building blocks found in our Electric Power Steering systems.
Relentless innovation is part of our culture. Everyday around the globe, we pursue new ways to enhance safety, fuel efficiency, control and comfort.
A Heritage of Innovation
At Nexteer, you can say that innovation is not only cultivated; it’s bred into our DNA.
In our 110-plus-year heritage, we’ve introduced revolutionary technologies, such as:
- Steer-by-Wire + Stowable Steering Columns which “reinvents” the behind-the-wheel experience
- Automated Steering Actuator which solves challenges for shared, autonomous & electric people mover vehicles
- Steer-by-Wire + Quiet Wheel™ Steering for automated driving applications
- The world’s first 12-volt electric power steering systems for trucks
- Magnetic Torque Overlay delivering ADAS features to heavy duty trucks
- Adaptive Energy Absorption Technologies for superior safety in steering columns
- TriGlide Joints for exceptional NVH and high performance in drivelines
- And so much more
Our culture values creative thinking, collaboration and challenging the notion, “That’s just the way it’s always been done.”
Innovation Fueled by In-House Ownership and Workspace Design
We’re built for innovation and agility because we own the entire engineering process under one global roof – from prototyping to test labs and tracks to global manufacturing facilities strategically located near our customers.
Put our cross-functional teams working within this process, and you get built-in opportunities to innovate and anticipate customer and market needs.
We benchmarked some of the most progressive companies in Silicon Valley and Motown to design our workspaces that encourage collaboration and innovation. Starting with our world headquarters, we are implementing this design approach across global locations.
Structured for Innovation
We deliberately setup our cross-functional teams to encourage collaboration and breakthrough ideas.
We explore ways to build and expand on our core technologies, in alignment with our vision to be the global leading motion control technology company accelerating mobility to be safe, green and exciting.
We also use a quick, iterative design approach for faster innovation. The result is faster-to-market product development cycles plus time and cost-efficiencies.