AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – July 23, 2019 – Nexteer Automotive, a leader in intuitive motion control, held its fourth annual Global Service Day on July 19, where employees volunteered at 19 company-organized events globally. Nexteer’s annual Global Service Day seeks to encourage the involvement of community endeavors to engage employees, especially in communities where they live and operate and where Nexteer has a strong presence.
“Nexteer’s Global Service Day is an incredible team effort between our employees, partner organizations and local communities to make an impact in the communities where we live, work and play,” said Tao Liu, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Operating Officer, Nexteer Automotive. “Nexteer believes that making a positive impact in the communities where we operate is an essential part of being a good global corporate citizen. Seeing the difference we can make around the world when we work together truly inspires and embodies our One Nexteer company culture.”
On July 19, more than 900 volunteers from Nexteer’s global workforce supported local initiatives, such as:
- Saginaw, Michigan: 67 Nexteer volunteers participated in cleaning up and revitalizing Saginaw’s Houghton-Jones Community Garden, including construction and beautification efforts such as building a gazebo and farm stand, painting a shed and installing new entrance signs.
- Auburn Hills, Michigan: 16 Nexteer employees volunteered at Focus: Hope, a Detroit-based, non-profit organization, to package food for families in need.
- Porto Alegre, Brazil: 22 Nexteer volunteers spent the day painting and rebuilding the roof of a local public school.
- Tychy & Gliwice, Poland: 178 Nexteer employees hosted a Charity Day where they invited children from local foundations to spend the day at Nexteer enjoying activities and learning about the Company’s technologies.
- Villepinte, France: 70 Nexteer volunteers spent the day with disabled students, helping clean up and decorate their school and making lunch for the students.
- Torino, Italy: 112 Nexteer employees participated in clean up and beautification efforts in their local community, where they restored and painted various gardens and playgrounds.
- Rüsselsheim, Germany: 40 Nexteer volunteers spent the day cleaning and repainting the walls of a local animal shelter.
- Nexteer Locations in India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and China: More than 450 Nexteer volunteers spent the day cleaning up and promoting health, safety and goodwill in their local communities, as well as contributing monetary and blood donations to various organizations.
Nexteer’s Commitment to Corporate Citizenship
Nexteer embraces corporate citizenship by promoting a culture of collaboration by supporting community-based initiatives that engage Nexteer employees, make a difference in the lives of others and matter to Nexteer employees. Nexteer is committed to supporting and encouraging the involvement of employees in company-endorsed community endeavors, like Nexteer’s annual Global Service Day.
To learn more about Nexteer’s overall sustainability efforts, including community engagement, please visit the Company’s 2018 Sustainability Report.