Active Level: The actual escalation level assigned to the Supplier. There are specific tasks required for each level.
CPM: Complaints Per Million pieces received (Complaint Rate).
PC: Problem Cases. Additional Problem Cases may cause the escalation level to be raised.
PCMS: Problem Case Management System. Application within Intelex to manage problem cases.
SQE: Supplier Quality Engineer. The Nexteer Employee assigned to the supplier.
SQEP: Supplier Quality Escalation Process. Initiated when Problem Cases are recorded.
Suggested Level: The level that is recommended by the Intelex application based on the number of Problem Cases or by Nexteer personnel.
Tasks: The items assigned to the suppliers that need to be completed before the SQEP record can be closed.
The Escalations Application is used for suppliers and Nexteer personnel to view and update supplier escalation levels. The SQEP application continuously monitors issued problem cases (Part Quality, APQP Activities, Packaging/Dunnage) in any rolling six month period and provides a suggested escalation level based on the following information:
Level 0: The supplier has 1 PC
Level 1: The supplier has 2 PCs or 1 OEM Customer Impact PC
Level 2: The supplier has 3 PCs
Level 3 (TFS): The supplier has 4 or more PCs
After only 180 days of being in level 0 without any new problem cases the record will be closed from SQEP (Supplier Quality Escalation Process) records.
When the escalation record is promoted to the suggested level, an email notification is sent to the supplier, and additional tasks are assigned. The required tasks will vary based on the level.
All of the above dates start when the record is promoted by Nexteer. Promoting a record to a higher level does not reset time for previously assigned tasks.
Escalation records can be viewed in the Inventory View, accessed by selecting the SQ Escalation Application from the gray dropdown menu located below the Intelex logo at the top of the page.
*Note SQ Escalation Records can also be accessed through the PCMS 2.0 menu.
In the Inventory View, records will be sorted based on their Active Level. Clicking on the Record Number will open the SQEP Record, while clicking on the Location will open a new window with the supplier’s location details.
Each time a supplier is promoted to a higher escalation level, additional tasks will be added to the record. See the Overview for tasks associated with each level. To view Escalation Tasks, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the SQ Escalation inventory view
- Select the Record Number of the record that you would like to view
- Escalation Tasks will be the second item, located below Escalation Record Information
*Note: Any Escalation Tasks owned by the logged in user can also be viewed by clicking on My Tasks in the Intelex toolbar located at the top of each page.
To complete the assigned tasks:
- Navigate to the Escalation Tasks
- Click on the Task Name of the task you would like to complete
- Select Edit
- Fill in all required fields (denoted by an *)
- Click Save
- When finished, select Task Completed. The task will be sent to the assigned Nexteer SQE for confirmation of required evidence and approval of task closure.
- If the task is rejected, it will be sent back to the supplier for more details.
Below is a list of common error messages:
A date for the Audit needs to be selected. To do this, click on the field and then click on the corresponding date.
A field was left empty. A score must be entered into every field. If the score is 0, enter a “0” instead of leaving the field blank.
Appropriate scores for each field are indicated above each box. If the score is too large, double check to make sure the entered score is correct.
If you try to click on Task Completed without entering information into required fields (denoted by an *) you will receive this message. Click on the Edit button and enter all the required information.
Creating an Action Plan
An action plan can be created using the following steps:
- Navigate to the Escalation Tasks
- Open the task you want to add an action plan for
- Click Add Entry under the Action Plans Grid
- Enter Required Information (denoted by an *)
- Click Save & Exit
- Open the Action Plan, when ready to complete, and Click Edit. Check the Action Complete field and enter any appropriate comments. Then click on Action Completed to send to the assigned Nexteer SQE for approval.
If you have any feedback or would like to see a change made to the application, you can submit feedback and change requests. This can be done by following the steps below:
- Click on the gray Application drop down menu
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Application Feedback/Change Request Tracker under the Intelex System Requests heading.
- Enter a description of the problem and application name in the respective comment boxes
- Click Save & Add Entry to submit the request