SmartFlow increases hydraulic power steering (HPS) operating efficiency and fuel efficiency by reducing parasitic loss on the engine. It can be combined with Magnetic Torque Overlay for an optimized HPS experience.
SmartFlow reduces flow by 30% during straight-ahead driving, which creates a 50% drop in pressure. That flow and pressure increases when there is a brake or steering demand at any RPM. This reduction in parasitic loss can translate into as much as a 40% drop in energy consumption.
With SmartFlow, you get
- Improved fuel efficiency
- Minimized investment costs – No retooling or variable displacement technology needed
- “Drop-in” capability means no vehicle packaging changes
- Easier maintenance of steering performance
- Improved warranty performance thanks to a lower operating temperature
- Improved NVH performance and driver comfort