Innovating Within & Beyond Automotive Industry Borders
Nexteer is fast-tracking our vision into reality and growing new, profitable business – within and beyond industry borders.
Many paths are converging in our favor…
- Our wealth of core technologies for steering and driveline systems – with just a few sparks of innovation – can be re-imagined for countless motion control needs.
- Viability of autonomous driving requires Nexteer’s safety-critical and ergo-functional innovations.
- Evolutions in personal mobility and connectivity will increase demand for our intuitive motion control innovations across sectors.
- Ever-increasing, global demand for efficient, clean energy.
Defining the Future of Mobility - Together
We can’t talk about our proprietary projects; but, we can tell you that we are relentlessly innovating within Nexteer and through joint development projects with:
- Automotive OEMs
- Industry disruptors
- Collaborative, industry peers
We can also share some of the public activities and organizations we endorse related to the new frontier of the automotive industry.
- CLEPA – European Association of Automotive Suppliers
- State of Michigan’s Planet M Campaign: Michigan as Leader in Mobility Innovation
- Oakland County’s Connected Vehicle Task Force – world’s first county-wide connected vehicle system
- U of M’s Mobility Transformation Center
- The American Center for Mobility
- MICHauto, OESA, SAE International, CAR, SAA and others
Nexteer + Continental: A Motion Control Joint Venture
In a joint press conference with Continental at the 2017 NAIAS, we announced our JV that combines our advanced steering and ADAS technologies with Continental’s automated driving and advanced braking technologies. Together, we will:
- Benefit R&D activities at both Nexteer and Continental
- Analyzes compatibility of advanced steering & braking technologies
- Accelerate advancements in automated motion control applications
- Achieve ideal vehicle dynamics & safety
- Enhance collaboration & breakthrough ideas