SmartFlow increases hydraulic power steering (HPS) operating efficiency and fuel efficiency by reducing parasitic loss on the engine. It can be combined with MAGNASTEER™ Torque Overlay for an optimized HPS experience.
SmartFlow reduces flow by 30% during straight-ahead driving, which creates a 50% drop in pressure. That flow and pressure increases when there is a brake or steering demand at any RPM. This reduction in parasitic loss can translate into as much as a 40% drop in energy consumption.
With SmartFlow, you get
- Improved fuel efficiency
- Minimized investment costs – No retooling or variable displacement technology needed
- “Drop-in” capability means no vehicle packaging changes
- Easier maintenance of steering performance
- Improved warranty performance thanks to a lower operating temperature
- Improved NVH performance and driver comfort